Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
BCDITIS
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: BCDITIS

Slow Copy Job to DD

Post by BCDITIS »

Hi All,

In my first situation I had a lot of proxy servers with repositories in different countries and 1 Main Server located DE with repositories.
First the backup was made on the local proxy and coopy with a copy job to the repository of the main server. On every site we had Veeam WAN accelerators configurerd.
So the copy jobs could copy in time the backups.

In the location of the mainserver we have on the backend also EMC DD with a lot of more storage as the repositories.
So we decided to change the copy jobs from the Local proxies to the DD. On the DD domain we haven't wan accelrators so the copy jobs take many times longer to copy and mostly get out of time.
We tought about to put them back to the backupserver repositories and copy them with a second copy job to the DD but a copy job of copy jon doesn't seems to be existing in Veeam.

What I well do see is that you can add a post script to the copy job. Maybe we can move it like this with a script to the DD.
Does has anyone experience with creating scripts like this or does anyone know different way to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Benny
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Slow Copy Job to DD

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Benny,

If you want to copy backups from the target of backupcopy job, you can use another backup copy, but you need to choose repository as the source rather than backup copy job which indeed is prohibited. Make sure you don`t have a loop of backup copies.

By the way, when you changed the data flow, why didn`t you leverage WAN acceleration?
Thanks!
BCDITIS
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: BCDITIS

Post by BCDITIS »

I Can't add the wan accelerator on the DD because they are on the backend of that Backupserver so not direct accessble from the proxies
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

How DD is added to Veeam B&R console (what repository type)? Do you have a gateway server specified for it?