Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Reklov
Expert
Liked: 4 times

B&R V9 Statistics

Post by Reklov »

Hi,

I have made an Update from V8 to V9, but I'm still missing some Information in the History View.
I like to see the Duration, the transfered Bytes the processing Rate etc. if I look to the History. It is usefull to see some trends or in Case of a problem it make it easyer to analyze when it started or how it is goin on.

Which kind of Statistic possibilities I have with V9 ?
Maybe this is a Feature Request ?

Thanks,
Volker
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: B&R V9 Statistics

Post by veremin »

Double click on a required session and see the exact information you're looking for. If you're after advanced monitoring and reporting functionality, take a look at what Veeam ONE can offer. Thanks.
qmonteyne
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Quentin Monteyne

[MERGED] job duration column in History

Post by qmonteyne »

Hi everyone,

I've got a small request, would it be possible to add a column "job duration" to the "history" view?

this would enable us to easily check for recurring high-duration backups on certain days or other intervals, and more easily troubleshoot them.

thanks!
dcolpitts
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 24 times
Full Name: Dean Colpitts

[MERGED] Feature Request / change for History pane

Post by dcolpitts »

Can we please have total elapse time added as a column to the History pane? So Job Name, Session Type, Status, Start Time, End Time, Elapse Time. So total dd/hr/mm/ss for the job (or End Time minus Start Time). That way we can quickly scan the history tab and see if anything looks out of the ordinary, without having to manually calculate the elapse time.

Thanks

dcc
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Feature Request / change for History pane

Post by PTide » 1 person likes this post

Hi,

The history tab is not really intended for auditing activities. Have a look at Veeam ONE, this would be a better option that might help you to comfortably monitor your backup job run times and easily spot any issues.

Thanks
dcolpitts
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 24 times
Full Name: Dean Colpitts

Post by dcolpitts »

That's great - but not everyone is licensed for Veeam One, and it is another tools that one will need to use to find basic info about one's job.

That said - perhaps you could explain where I might find the job elapse time in a report of all backup and replication jobs in Veeam One in a list like I'm looking for.

Otherwise it just another column you need to add and do some basic math in your code.

dcc
soehl
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Sebastian

Post by soehl » 2 people like this post

It is a little disappointing, that every time that a request for a better job monitoring in Veeam B&R pops up, the only answer is VEEAM One.
We have more than 200 sockets Veeam B&R Enterprise Plus Licences and it is a shame that we have to invest in another 200+ Sockets Veeam One licenses (or upgrade to Veeam Availability Suite) for a better "how ran my jobs"-view.
Beside the fact, that we only need the backup reporting capabilities from Veeam One.
I builded some stuff with the powershell to have some basic reporting views, but imho a enterprise product should have such a feature on board.

But mainly VEEAM B&R is a very great product.
andyg
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Andy Goldschmidt

Post by andyg » 1 person likes this post

soehl wrote:It is a little disappointing, that every time that a request for a better job monitoring in Veeam B&R pops up, the only answer is VEEAM One.
It is annoying that Veeam One is always the answer. Please add these things into Veeam B&R !!
-= VMCE v9 certified =-
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

There is another free powershell based reporting tool that allows you to get various info about your backup infrastructure. Any "basic math" and UI improvements imply additional hours to be spent on testing. The value/cost ratio of such column just does not justify the implementation.

Thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

soehl wrote:But mainly VEEAM B&R is a very great product.
Well, I can tell you it's only great specifically because VEEAM B&R devs can focus solely on, err... backup and replication functionality - instead of being distracted by implementing monitoring and reporting features they have no expertise with.

That said, in this particular case I see no reason not to add additional column to B&R if there is strong demand (and if UI devs have some free time left after completing all the required v10 UI tasks).