Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
jamerson
Veteran
Liked: 24 times
Full Name: Julien

License / server

Post by jamerson »

Hi Guys,
Do we need a seperate license for this ? how does the backup works, do we need a local server to run the veeam on it ?
we are interessted in this to implement for our customers
is this included on the V9.5 ?

thank you
jamerson
Veteran

Re: License / server

Post by jamerson »

i managed to download and install the Veeam Office 365.
where does it save the emails ? it didn't allows me to create a repository to save the files ? does it means it will save everything on the C drive ?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Julien,

Veeam Office365 backup works a bit different than B&R as you know it. We store the data (your emails etc..) in a jet database so that it is immediately searchable. That type of database is also what is used with Exchange server on-premises. The default today is that it is stored under C:Veeamrepository but can be changed when going to the options in the UI. There you will also be able to change the retention range

For your question on inclusion of 9.5. No. This is a standalone product, however, we will have a promotion running where you can have a free 1 year subscription to the solution when you are a VBR enterprise customer and 2 years when you are a VBR Ent+ customer. Otherwise, it is also a separate SKU so you can purchase it without having VBR. All those details will be at Veeam.com (I believe they are actually already there today...)

Hope it helps
Mike
jamerson
Veteran

Post by jamerson »

Thank you Mike for your explination.
so the Veeam Office365 does not use a local database ? the B$R using a local database VeeamConfigBackup, we copy those files inculiding the storage files over our ISCI.

so if the VeeaM office 365 crash, we will have just to install the software and map the restore folder to the reprosity ?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Julien,

There are some settings stored but I am not sure where they are exactly stored at this point in time. I will need to verify that.

Ideally you would install this solution on a VM and then backup the VM with Backup & Replication which will give you multiple possibilities such as backup copy job for offsite, to a cloud provider or to tape.

I will try to get that information for you about the config files.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

And with that... :-)

The config is stored under the installation folder. So for example, the config will be in:
- C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup365\Config.xml
- everything under folder C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup365\ConfigDB (in there is a jet DB)

One note though... In case you have this configuration but you reinstall / restore the config on another server, then you will need to re-enter the passwords for the organizations. The passwords are encrypted so another (new) server cannot decrypt those.

Hope it helps
Mike