Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
FTBZ
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

[EM] Missing timestamp in File Level Restore for Linux

Post by FTBZ »

Hello,

Can you tell me if we have a magical way to show to timestamp and permission on files/directories when using the Enterprise Manager and File Level Restore for Linux?
These columns exist in the Windows client and on the File Level Restore for Windows (on Enterprise Manager).

I'm using version 9.0U2.

Thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: [EM] Missing timestamp in File Level Restore for Linux

Post by Gostev »

Hello, unfortunately there's no way to this. Linux guest file system indexing uses mlocate database which does not contain these details. Thanks!
FTBZ
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

Post by FTBZ »

Hi Gostev,

Not sure about your response, because we can use Enterprise Manager and FLR without mlocate (indexing) and the columns aren't present on Enterprise Manager. So why this information exist on the Veeam Windows client?

I think, if you're not using the indexing and use the mount option, these informations need to be showed and when you're in the standard indexing it can be hidden. No?

Regards
dellock6
VeeaMVP
Liked: 1932 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Post by dellock6 »

When you use FLR, we mount the image backup, so what you see are the information that are read in real time from the disk of the virtual machine.
What Anton means is that offline indexing, that you can then use to do searched in EM, is based on the indexes created by mlocate, but the indexes don't contain that values.
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1