Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
jschulz
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: jschulz

Predefine settings for recovery media

Post by jschulz »

Hi,

is there a way to predefine settings for the recovery media, in special point the recovery gui to the directory where the backups are stored and maybe more what ever is may possible.
So are there any command line options or is there a special settings file i can edit?

Regards J.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Predefine settings for recovery media

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi jschulz,

I'm not sure that this is possible, since you can use the same recovery media for multiple VEB installations. Can you please clarify what process you would like to automate with the recovery media?

Thanks!
jschulz
Novice

Post by jschulz »

Hi,

i want to point the recovery media to a specific directory to start with but i may have a solution over startnet.cmd or winpeshl.ini.
I would like to make a recovery as easy as possible while the user has the ability to mount a network drive before veeam recovery ist started, therefore i thinking of creating a little gui tool with delphi where i can input domain\username and password, username should be taken then to mount the user specific backup folder share.

Regards X23
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok, thanks for clarifications, it seems like all your users are at least local admins on their PCs and can initiate a BMR process. Thanks for the FR.
jschulz
Novice

Post by jschulz »

Hi,

no they are not, but what should protect a user from booting a cd that writes to the hdd? :D the only idea i have here would be tpm.
But that's not the question.

Regards J
jschulz
Novice

Post by jschulz »

Hi,

i could solve my problem, used winpeshl.ini to remove veeam launch, placed a mount.cmd instead that will invoke wpeinit and ask for network share credentials, if errorlevel 0 endpoint backup will be started and user can choose from a local mapped network drive from its backups to restore.

Regards J.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Good workaround, thanks for sharing.