Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
rnchdc
Lurker
Liked: 1 time

Report on which tapes are full

Post by rnchdc »

Apologies if this is simple and I just haven't been able to find it, but how do I get a list of which tapes in my library that Veeam considers to be full? I can take a guess based on how much free space there is, but it would be helpful to be able to see at a glance which tapes Veeam has marked as 'Full'
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Report on which tapes are full

Post by Shestakov »

Hi and welcome to the community!
There is no such a report in VBR, but if you use Veeam ONE, check Tape Media Retention Period report.
Alexey_mz
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Alexey Mazurin

Post by Alexey_mz » 3 people like this post

rnchdc wrote:Apologies if this is simple and I just haven't been able to find it, but how do I get a list of which tapes in my library that Veeam considers to be full? I can take a guess based on how much free space there is, but it would be helpful to be able to see at a glance which tapes Veeam has marked as 'Full'
you can use powershell command to determine which tapes are full:

Code: Select all

asnp Veeam*
(Get-VBRTapeMedium | Where-Object {$_.IsFull -eq $true -and $_.location -like "slot"}).barcode
McClane
Expert
Liked: 11 times

Post by McClane »

Shestakov wrote:Hi and welcome to the community!
There is no such a report in VBR, but if you use Veeam ONE, check Tape Media Retention Period report.

I know you want to sell everyone Veeam One. But Veeam One is too expensive if you already have monitoring, and most companies have one (which are also better), and not only for their virtual infrastructure, so most don't want to buy a product for > 10k $$$ just to know what their backup is writing to tape. Maybe you should think about that. Tape index should be searchable from the Enterprise manager. In the moment it's a PITA to find older documents and find the tapes which have the data on them.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

McClane,
There was a probability that OP uses Veeam ONE so his goal can be easily achieved.
FR to add it to VBR is also a good one.
Thanks!
rnchdc
Lurker
Liked: 1 time

Post by rnchdc » 1 person likes this post

The script worked a treat! Thanks.