Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mjgreen81
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Mike Green

Moving a VBK and associated VRB files for archiving

Post by mjgreen81 »

Hi All,

I am currently in the process of recreating my Veeam jobs as I am running out of storage (see my other topic for more information!).

In order to create some space for the new jobs I think that I am going to need to move some of the existing job's .vbk's and associated .vrb's (we are using reverse incremental) away from the datastore (probably to a large USB drive etc).

Is there a clean way I need to to do this? Can I just disable the job and then cut/paste the whole associated folder from the backup repository to the USB drive?

What happens if I need to restore from the backups on the USB drive? Can I just reimport the files?

Thanks
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Moving a VBK and associated VRB files for archiving

Post by PTide »

Hi,

A better way to do that will be to copy files to another storage and then click on the backups node - disk - right click on the backups to be deleted and choose "delete from disk".
What happens if I need to restore from the backups on the USB drive? Can I just reimport the files?
Yes, you can.

Thank you.
mjgreen81
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Mike Green

Re: Moving a VBK and associated VRB files for archiving

Post by mjgreen81 »

Thanks for confirmation, much appreciated