Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
icedtang
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric Sprenger

CentOS 6.5 not working.

Post by icedtang »

Hi,

We have a CentOS 6.5 server that we are looking to backup with the Veeam Agent for Linux. When we try to run a backup we get the following error:

2016-11-29 22:39:59 Job started at 2016-11-29 22:39:59
2016-11-29 22:40:00 Starting backup
2016-11-29 22:40:02 [error] Exception of type 'Veeam.Backup.Model.RepositoryNotFoundOnMetaDeserializeException' was thrown.
2016-11-29 22:40:02 [error] BackupScope: Unable to create Backup.
2016-11-29 22:40:02 [error] Failed to perform backup

We where able to get the job working to a NFS destination, however we are unable to rate limit the backup so this is not an ideal solution. We recently updated our Veeam Repository to 9.5 and have updated the Veeam Agent for Linux job to use the VBR Server, but now we get the error above.

As the server we are having problems with is in production I was concerned to do further troubleshooting. I've setup a test CentOS 6.5 virtual machine, installed Veeam Agent for Linux and configured a backup job to use the VBR and it also failed with the exact same error.

The logs from the test linux VM can be grabbed here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/285 ... amlogs.zip

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can resolve this issue?

Thanks!
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: CentOS 6.5 not working.

Post by nielsengelen »

Just to be sure: the permissions on the specific backup repository are set correct?
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

Hi,
<...>however we are unable to rate limit the backup
Do you refer to IO limiting or network? Also what VBR version are you at, is it 9.5 GA?
icedtang
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric Sprenger

Post by icedtang »

Yes, the permissions should be ok. I've used the same user name and password with other backups using Veeam Endpoint without any problems. To test I also changed the username and password used to connect to the VBR and I still get the same error.

I am referring to limiting network traffic using the Global Network Traffic Rules. I don't think this is causing the problems as the production server I am trying to backup is in a different subnet from my test VM server, and the test VM server subnet doesn't have any network traffic rules configured.

The VBR server is on 9.5 GA, sorry I should have mentioned that in my first post.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

Unfortunately VBR GA is not supposed to work with VAL. It will be supported in VBR 9.5 U1.

Thank you.