Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Rainer
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Rainer Staack

Replication error

Post by Rainer »

Hello,

I'm absolutely new in managing veeam and have a problem with one machine.
I'm making replicas with 15 machines and all are working fine except one.
See the errror message which I get.

Replicating file "[iESX-XXXXXX (Pool1)] XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX-flat.vmdk" BackupDisk failed Client error: Failed to open VDDK disk [[iESX-XXXXXX (Pool1)] XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX-000002.vmdk] ( is read-only mode - [true] ) Failed to open VMDK. Logon attempt with parameters [VC/ESX: [XXXXXX.XXXXXX.org];Port: 443;Login: [XXXXXX-XXXX\XXXXXX];VMX Spec: [moref=vm-106];Snapshot mor: [snapshot-4637];Transports: [san]] failed because of the following errors: Failed to open VMDK. Logon attempt with parameters [VC/ESX: [XXXXXX.XXXXXX.org];Port: 443;Login: [XXXXXX\XXXXXX];VMX Spec: [moref=vm-106];Snapshot mor: [snapshot-4637];Transports: [nbd]] failed because of the following errors: Server error: Failed to open VDDK disk [[iESX-XXXXXX (Pool1)] XXXXXX/XXXXXX-000002.vmdk] ( is read-only mode - [true] ) Failed to open VMDK. Logon attempt with parameters [VC/ESX: [XXXXXX.XXXXXX.org];Port: 443;Login: [XXXXXX\XXXXXX];VMX Spec: [moref=vm-106];Snapshot mor: [snapshot-4637];Transports: [san]] failed because of the following errors: Failed to open VMDK. Logon attempt with parameters [VC/ESX: [XXXXXX.XXXXXX.org];Port: 443;Login: [XXXXXX\XXXXXX];VMX Spec: [moref=vm-106];Snapshot mor: [snapshot-4637];Transports: [nbd]] failed because of the following errors: Failed to process VM disk backup. VMDK path: [vddk://<vddkConnSpec><viConn name="XXXXXX.XXXXXX.org" authdPort="443" vicPort="443" /><vmxPath vmRef="vm-106" datacenterRef="datacenter-3" datacenterInventoryPath="XXXXXX" snapshotRef="snapshot-4637" datastoreName="iESX-XXXXXX (Pool1)" path="XXXXXX/XXXXXX.vmx" /><vmdkPath datastoreName="iESX-XXXXXX (Pool1)" path="XXXXXX/XXXXXX-000002.vmdk" /><transports seq="san;nbd" hotAddRedirection="1" /><readBuffer size="0" /></vddkConnSpec>].

Can someone please tell me where the problem is located.
I am sure, that the .vmdk file is not read only.

Thanks! :-)

Regards
Rainer
Alexey D.

Re: Replication error

Post by Alexey D. »

Hello, for any technical issues please open support case directly with our support and provide full logs, as explained when you click New Topic. Thank you.
Rainer
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Rainer Staack

Re: Replication error

Post by Rainer »

I will do this.
Thanks!