Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
marius roma
Veteran
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Mario

Waiting for backup infrastructure resources availability

Post by marius roma »

I see several jobs running at 0% "Waiting for backup infrastructure resources availability".
Hov can I investigate which unavailable resource is blocking the job?
Regards
marius
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Waiting for backup infrastructure resources availability

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

You can look into the configured maximums for the number of concurrent tasks on proxy/repository servers. Anyway, job logs will tell the exact required resources, so please contact technical support to review them.
jeremyh8
Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Jeremy Harrison

Post by jeremyh8 »

What is the correct log to review and what key word should be searched for to find what resource is holding the job up? Why does veeam not show this in the statistics window by default?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

What is the correct log to review and what key word should be searched for to find what resource is holding the job up?
Logs of jobs currently running as well as logs of proxy servers. Support team is likely to tell you the exact wording, but I'd expect to see there something regarding number of currently assigned tasks. Thanks.
Scotimus
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Scott Brummundt

[MERGED]Waiting for backup infrastructure resources availabi

Post by Scotimus »

So I have 39 jobs currently sitting in queue all stating "Waiting for backup infrastructure resources availability". How do I figure out what resources it is waiting for? The backup server itself has 16 cores with 64gb of memory assigned to it. Both CPU and memory Usage for the server are currently minimal. I checked IOs on the array that the backups are writing to, and that is currently sitting low. What else should I be looking for? Currently running ESX 5.5 on the hosts, writing to an MD array. I'm at a loss here.
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Scott and welcome to the community!

Please be aware of the concurrent tasks limitations at the backup proxy and repository settings.
On a side note, what's the purpose of using 39 jobs, did you create a separate job for every VM?

Thanks!