Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
hum3uk
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Mario

Error: The system cannot find the file specified.

Post by hum3uk »

Dear Support Team,

I receive following error message when I backup one of our fileservers.

11/17/2016 10:41:20 AM :: Error: The system cannot find the file specified. Failed to open I/O device Failed to open emulated disk. Failed to open disk for read. Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}.

Alle drives (from fileserver) have been backup and written to the destination folder. At the end of the backup-process after the last successful step "Finalizing" the error message appears.

Yesterday I have formated the destination partion with this command: format D: /L /Q /FS:NTFS /A:64K but obvisouly this didn't fix my issue.

I backup 4 fileserver like this but got the error on 1.

Endpoint is connceted to VEEAM B&R V 9.0

Your help is appreciated.
Thank you.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Error: The system cannot find the file specified.

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Mario, what troubleshooting steps have you already done by a recommendation from your support engineer?
hum3uk
Novice
Full Name: Mario

Post by hum3uk »

Hi Vitaliy,

I was just able to create a support case (had issues with email activation): 01978869
I have no feedback yet - but the call is just 5 mins open ;)
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok, lets wait then, as it is impossible to troubleshoot these type of issues without seeing full debug logs.
DSL
Novice

Post by DSL »

I'm a new user of the product and have the same error. I have opened a case #01991238 and am awaiting a reply. If anyone else has any useful information on where to start looking, it would be much appreciated.
DSL
Novice

Post by DSL »

Update for anyone else who has this problem. In my case, it appears to be an issue within Windows (7Pro, x64, SP1) and VSS. Volume Shadow Service (VSS) is used by Endpoint Backup to create the shadow copy from which the backup is created. By checking the event logs I can see two persistent errors - volsnap Event ID 14 and CAP12 Event ID 513. Having trawled through the various MS forums and blogs, and followed every suggested fix, I've come to a dead end.
Ian who is deadling with the support case has been very patient and as helpful as he can be, but it appears it is not a Veeam problem, unless there is some interaction with my particular Win7 setup. If anyone else has had similar difficulties, I would appreciate any, and I mean any, suggestions.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi,

Any change you looked at this one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... e=3&auth=1

I know it states windows 8.1 but if I remember correctly Event 513 was also there on windows 7

Mike
DSL
Novice

Post by DSL »

Thanks, Mike, I hadn't seen that one. I notice that it is an "access denied" problem, while I get an "incorrect parameter" error. While they both report CAP12 EVent 513, I'm guessing they may not have the identical cause, but at this stage, I'll try just about anything.
DSL
Novice

Post by DSL »

Update to the last post (I can't find the Edit button):

The detail for the CAP12 Event ID 513 is:
Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.

Details:
AddCoreCsiFiles : GetNextFileMapContent() failed.

System Error:
The parameter is incorrect.

Note that System Writer also does not appear on the vssadmin list writers command. Permissions seem to be what is required. Restarting cryptsvc doesn't have any effect.

case #01991238
marieelieg
Expert
Liked: 8 times

Post by marieelieg »

Hello dears,

Any update regarding this issue?
I am facing the same error, however not on every run of the job. Can this error be because of high I/O on the server to be backed up?

Thanks everyone in advance.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello marieelieg,

Please open a support case via Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows Control Panel and share the case ID. Thanks in advance.