Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
mbetro
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Michael Betro

"No data available" when viewing daily B & R report

Post by mbetro »

I have Veeam One v. 9.0.0.2088 installed. I have configured a report to run daily at 8am that shows the last 24 hour backup job status. Data collection is scheduled for automatic one time per day at 7 am. However, many Sundays and Mondays this particular report returns an empty report with the message "No data available". What I've had to do to get the report to begin running properly again is to reboot the server, however, it ultimately fails within a week. I have other reports that run at the same time daily without issue. Is this a know issue? Can you advise me as to what can be done to have this report run consistently without issue?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: "No data available" when viewing daily B & R report

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Michael,

Can you please give us the exact name of the report, so that I could pass this info to our QC team?

Thanks!
mbetro
Influencer

Post by mbetro »

Vitaliy,

The report that I am experiencing issues with is named "Latest Backup Job Status".

Thank you
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

mbetro wrote:What I've had to do to get the report to begin running properly again is to reboot the server, however, it ultimately fails within a week.
This looks like a bug to me, as given that this report works for some time and then stops, all your parameters are set properly. Can you please log a support call with our team and let them take a look at data collection logs at the time when report returns no data?

On a side note, do you have the same job schedule for a weekend? Do you run incremental or full passes at this time?
mbetro
Influencer

Post by mbetro »

We run forever forward incrementals so there are no synthetic or active fulls running on the weekends. However, we do run a GFS to tape job that begins at Midnight each Sunday. It typically, if it experiences no issues, completes in 30-35 hours. I will log a call with tech support and see if an issue is found.

Thank you
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Once you do this, please let me know your case ID. Additionally, if you change a reporting interval, for example, to past week, will there be any data in the report?
mbetro
Influencer

Post by mbetro »

Yesterday I attempted to do just this. I received no data when attempting to view the past week. Rebooting my Veeam One server is the only way I've found to correct the issue, although, it is only a temporary fix.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok, then this is definitely a not report configuration related issue.
mbetro
Influencer

Post by mbetro » 2 people like this post

I've created a support ticket with Veeam Support. Ticket #01952853 was created this afternoon. I've included our Veeam One logs with the ticket.

Thank you
mbetro
Influencer

Post by mbetro »

Again, our "Latest Backup Job Status Report" is showing no data. This has happened two times in the past 5 days. I am only able to get the report to show data after rebooting our VeeamONe server. On October 20th I was part of a remote session with Russ Theall to address this same issue. please reference Case ID# 01952853, in which changes were made that allowed the report to run properly for over a month, however, as noted, it is again failing. The changes that were made are listed below. I have other reports that run without error. The issue is unique to this report.

Run from cmd "C:\program files\common files\veeam\veeam one settings\veeamonesettings.exe" /admin
Which opens Veeam ONE Settings
Go to Monitor and the Registry tab. Under Data Collection:
1. the collection types should be “1” which is WMI
2. VMware historical performance query time timeout was changed to the recommended 3600 sec
3. VMware real-time performance query timeout was changed to the recommended 600 sec

Any help with this issue is appreciated.

Mike Betro
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

That's interesting I will forward your case ID to our QA team for verification.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Michael, if you don't mind our dev team would like to take a closer look at the behavior you have. I have asked our support team to open a new ticket regarding this issue, they will contact you shortly.
mbetro
Influencer

Post by mbetro »

I've noticed on my reports that after we set our clocks back in November for daylight savings time they run an hour early. For example: Our reports are scheduled to run at 8 am, however, they run at 7am. Our server time is correct. Is there a setting in Veeam that I need to correct to work with daylight savings time?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Michael, Veeam ONE server should pick up the time configured on your server. Let me double-check it with the QA team.
mbetro
Influencer

Post by mbetro »

That was my initial thought when I discovered the issue, however, I've verified that our VeeamOne server time, date, and time zone are correct. I also verified that our Veeam B&R server time, date, and time zone are correct as well. I've searched the forum and knowledge base and have not found any information that points to a solution. Any help would be appreciated.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Michael, can you please try to re-schedule this report (specify the same time again)? Meanwhile our QA team is trying to reproduce this issue.
mbetro
Influencer

Post by mbetro »

I've rescheduled the report and will see when the report is generated tomorrow. I looked at three other reports that I have configured and they are being generated at the correct time.
mbetro
Influencer

Post by mbetro »

Yesterday afternoon I rescheduled the two reports for the same time. This morning I found that the reports ran at 8 am as I expected.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Michael, we have just confirmed a timezone change bug, thanks for the heads up.
mbetro
Influencer

Post by mbetro »

How should I proceed.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

If all your schedules are fixed after re-applying them in the UI, then you don't need to do anything. Just keep in mind that whenever you change the time on the ONE server, you will need to re-apply the report generation schedule. This should be repeated every time until we release a hotfix for this problem. This hotfix is currently scheduled to v10, but there is also a chance that it will be included in minor updates for 9.5.