Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
rpearson
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Robert

Conversation History Folder

Post by rpearson »

I have noticed if you use SKYPE and your Outlook has the Conversation History folder where your Skype history is stored. The Veeam Explorer application will not open it. It does how ever still back it up. I was able to view the messages using a a PST view like "systools Outlook PST viewer". I hope Veeam corrects this issue in the future. But all you have to do is export the the the folder as a PST to your desktop and use a PST view and you are good to go!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Conversation History Folder

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Robert,

I will look into this and investigate. Thanks for the heads up

Mike
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Robert,

We did some testing and we found that it is actually working. We are able to successfully see and recover items out of the Conversation History folder. Can you explain a bit more what is happening? We want to make sure that it works with you also

Thanks

Mike
rpearson
Influencer

Post by rpearson »

When I click conversation history it states "All items loaded" but the area where the messages should be is blank and I cant see anything. All the other folders work great.
But as I said in my first message I can export it to my desktop as a PST file and then user a 3rd party PST viewer and I can see all of the messages.
Also thanks for the timely replies.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

We can actually see them so there must be something wrong. Can you log a support case? Post the case ID here and what the engineers find afterwards

Thanks

Mike
rpearson
Influencer

Post by rpearson »

If I search a word in the search box it will then bring up related items that I can see. So I just cant see them all at one time haha. How do I start a support case for this product I dont see it as a production option on the support page.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Robert,

I owe you an apology. There is indeed a problem in the GA build. But it will be fixed in update 1 of the solution. My apologies, we checked with the wrong version :-(

For the support case (which is now unnecessary but still...). When you go to my.veeam.com, can't you see Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 in the products drop-down box?

Thanks

Mike
rpearson
Influencer

Post by rpearson »

Thanks Mike! You may not be able to share this but it there an ETA on this update that might fix it?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Robert,

I can't give an exact date but we are trying to get this out rather quickly. It won't take months :-)