Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
mbetro
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Michael Betro

Backup Copy to tape fails for a single server

Post by mbetro »

I am running Veeam B&R 9.0.0.1715.

I have a backup copy to tape job that runs once a week. After 11\6\2016, the end of daylight savings time, a single server fails to have it's incremental files written to tape each Sunday. Before the end of Daylight Savings the servers incremental files were written successfully. I have verified that the Date\Time settings of the affected server are correct. The server backs up successfully each night of the week, and the files on our repository are available from the B&R server. However,when writing the files to tape on Sunday, there are two errors: Creating a full map for..............., and Failed to detect backup files to copy to tape from "backup files job name". I found a forum post titled "Failed to detect backup files to copy to tape" which suggested changing the short date format of the B&R server to MM/DD/YYYY. I've done that this morning,however,I do not understand how changing this on B&R server is going to affect a single file or server. All other server's incremental files are being written to tape successfully.

I've been unsuccessful at finding a solution on Veeam's KB. As noted above I've found a post that listed what they believe to be a work around. My next tape job will run Sunday 12-18-16 which will be the first time since changing the short date format of my B&R server.

Any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike Betro
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Backup Copy to tape fails for a single server

Post by veremin »

I'm also not sure who changing date format might resolve this issue.

Anyway, the best course of action here is to reach our support team and let them investigate the problem closer. However, most likely, you'd be asked first to update to 9.5 which has addressed several issues related to GFS backup to tape job (I guess this is a typo of job you're using).

So, you might get ahead and update your installation to the latest version, before you get asked to do so.

Thanks.