Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ballen
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Bradley Allen

Surebackup and VMWare Horizon View

Post by ballen »

New to the forums here and I've tried searching but haven't been able to find anything regarding Surebackup and testing the Horizon View Connection Server.

The View Connection server has a management website built into it but the Surebackup always fails when testing the default Web Server role script. Has anyone done ever tried doing the Web Server script on Horizon View Connection Server?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Surebackup and VMWare Horizon View

Post by Mike Resseler » 1 person likes this post

Hi Bradley,

I am not an expert at all for VMWare Horizon View and it has been a while since I worked with it.

Are you using the default script? For DNS servers, domain controllers, Global Catalog servers, mail servers and web servers, Veeam Backup & Replication uses a script that probes an application-specific port and I believe that is port 80 by default for webservers (I can be wrong here though...). If I remember correctly, port 80 is not open on a Horizon View Connection Server (can you test manually on the running server?)

You should be able to find the script XML file here: %Program Files%\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Backup\SbRoles. Inside the script for a web server role, you should be able to see what port we are testing

Hope it helps
Mike
ballen
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Bradley Allen

Re: Surebackup and VMWare Horizon View

Post by ballen »

Hey Mike,

Thank you for your help and direction. You are correct, the default is port 80 and it is not open for the View Connection Server.

I was able to find what port needed to be open for the firewall and then I was able to use that port for a custom script in Surebackup and it worked.

Here's the article I found for the ports: https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/micro ... Id=1026766

For the custom script, I put in for the Path: "c:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Backup\Veeam.Backup.ConnectionTester.exe" and the arguments: "%vm_ip% 4001"

Thank you and have a great weekend!
Bradley