Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
James99
Influencer
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: James Alston

Feature Request: Ability to Turn Off Warning

Post by James99 »

Hi,

I've been using VEB a couple of weeks and it seems very good! (ex-Acronis user for many years). I am doing volume level backups with many folders removed from the selection (thousands of files). As a result, every backup I get a warning: "Unable to exclude files from snapshot: Shadow Copy Optimization Writer timed out (see Windows event log for more info)." And in the VEB control panel, all backups are shown as yellow instead of green. This warning is not a problem to me - I understand it just means extra files are being backed up.

So every backup works OK but I get this warning for every one. I would like to turn that particular warning off (either via control panel or command line option). Currently I may not notice a genuine warning I need to investigate since this warning appears every time, if that makes sense?

Thanks for your consideration.

--
James
Einar
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Einar Steinsson

Re: Feature Request: Ability to Turn Off Warning

Post by Einar »

Yes it would be great to be able to turn off some unnecessary warnings.
Another warning that I would like to be able to turn off, I am taking a full backup of 2 desktop computers with small OEM restore partitions who are nearly full and every backup give me a warning and a yellow color because of this partitions. I know there are ways around this like exclude them but it would be nice to be able to turn off this warning for some partitions.
DeadEyedJacks
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Dead-Data

Post by DeadEyedJacks »

Hi Einar
You can already turn off endpoint agent warnings for low disk space with a registry key.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Endpoint Backup
DWORD DisableVolumeFreeSpaceCheckWarning = 1
Though it is a global settings for all volumes of a given server.
James99
Influencer

Post by James99 »

If it was possible to turn off the "Shadow Copy Optimization Writer timed out" warning with a registry entry then that would be perfect for me.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

This regkey works only with diskspace warnings. Can you elaborate why you want this warming to be disabled? Is that inconvenient due the false email reporting on such warnings?
James99
Influencer

Post by James99 »

Hi Dima, Yes that's exactly the reason - it is inconvenient since I get this false email reporting every time it does a backup. Also, the control panel shows all my backups in yellow (I want them to appear green in the case of this false warning, as I mentioned in my post that started this thread.) Thanks.
Einar
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Einar Steinsson

Post by Einar »

DeadEyedJacks wrote:Hi Einar
You can already turn off endpoint agent warnings for low disk space with a registry key.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Endpoint Backup
DWORDDisableVolumeFreeSpaceCheckWarning = 1
Though it is a global settings for all volumes of a given server.
Thanks for this tip, I will do that.