Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
$username
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Gary Busey

Veeam One DR monitoring feature request

Post by $username »

So I had an issue with Veeam One and our DR environment, I ended up opening a case 01995576 but I would like to also spawn a feature request off this.

Is it being looked into or could it be looked into for future versions of Veeam One that if a VM is powered off it dump the Guest Disk Space usage metric till it is next powered on?

Or is there a DR feature being looked at where it would be possible to mark a replicated VM as DR and it only report on it should the VM be powered on and the source VM is powered off?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Veeam One DR monitoring feature request

Post by Shestakov »

Hello,
There are no such an option so far, but that`s an interesting request. Could you describe your use case?
Thanks!
$username
Veeam ProPartner

Post by $username »

So our current issue is that when we fail over VMs guest disk space alarms don't clear at the DR site, so in this case we had an FTP server and some app servers that generated a large amount of data during the DR event, failed back over, cleared the alarms but they are still present at the DR site and won't clear, if we clear them it will report the alarm at the next scan interval.

So what I would like at the very least is that if a VM is powered off that it doesn't monitor the guest disk space usage from the VMtools reporting or clears the entries in the DB when the VM powers off and then re-populates when the VM powers on again.

Ideally it would be nice to be able to mark VMs as DR or replicated VMs with some logic going "If VM A is powered on at Site A and Site B do not report alarms" (this could be if we were testing a DR event and the replicated VM powers on but runs in an isolated network, not actually in a prod environment and "If VM A is powered off at Site A or site A is unreachable and powered on at Site B then report as per configured".
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov » 1 person likes this post

Thanks for the explanation, Gary!
That sound more like a bug than as a feature request.
As a workaround you may add another condition such as Power State = On to the alarm rule with AND logic to make it work for powered-on VMs only.
$username
Veeam ProPartner

Post by $username »

If you're classifying it as a bug is there something I need to do with my ticket to get it sent in as a bug fix?
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov » 1 person likes this post

You don`t need to do anything with that. We will take care about the bug.
Thanks!