Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
sconley
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Sean Conley

SureBackup Job Question

Post by sconley »

I am currently trying to work out how to best utilize SureBackup in our environment and one question that has come up is what will happen if two SureBackup jobs which use the same Virtual Lab have overlapping schedules? Is it best to have multiple Virtual Labs? Are there any best practices base around this, or managing SureBackup jobs in general?

I would like to be able to test our Exchange server and production SQL servers on a nightly basis. However, not all VMs are backed up by the same job. I have a single job that processes our SQL servers and Exchange is in a job that contains other VMs that I do not necessarily want to process with SureBackup. Should I group all VMs I want processed by SureBackup into one backup job that is linked to the SureBackup job?
jmmarton
Veeam Software
Liked: 309 times
Full Name: Joe Marton

Re: SureBackup Job Question

Post by jmmarton »

You could always use an application group instead of a linked job if you want to run a single SureBackup job against all the VMs at once even though the VMs themselves are in different backup jobs. It would simply be a matter of making sure that schedules line up properly.

Joe
sconley
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Sean Conley

Post by sconley »

The problem is getting the schedules to line up, especially when health checks run. We are running on slow disks, so health checks can take a fairly long time. Add to this working around backup copy jobs, and things could get even more complicated. I think I am leaning toward reorganizing my backup jobs so that I can have it linked to a single SureBackup job.

I am still curious as to what happens if multiple SureBackup jobs target the same Virtual Lab and run simultaneously.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Sean, you can share a single virtual lab between multiple SureBackup jobs, however, only one of them can be performed at any given moment in time. Other jobs will fail.