Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
hauckm
Novice
Liked: never

[Feature Request] - Explorer restores from 3PAR snapshots

Post by hauckm »

Ticket #01999844

We were attempting to restore SharePoint data by selecting the Windows FLR option, and then opening the SharePoint Explorer and selecting one of the 3PAR snapshots as the source.
Though the ability to select this options is there, the process fails.

We worked with Veeam support for quite a while on this (Excellent work by Chris Vollentine by the way), but the issue appears to be the absence of VSS functionality on the 3PAR side.
Based on Chris's information the option is available because NetApp and Nimble will restore successfully from the snapshot.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: [Feature Request] - Explorer restores from 3PAR snapshot

Post by veremin »

Are talking here about snapshot-only jobs with AAIP option available (similar to this Nimble and NetApp functionality) the results of which then can be used as a source for various Explorers? If so, you're right in saying that it's not currently available.

However, we've got similar feedback previously, so you can be sure that this request got tracked already.

Thanks.
hauckm
Novice
Liked: never

Post by hauckm »

I am not talking about snapshot only jobs specifically because I wasn't aware of them, but the second part where you mention Explorers can use snapshots as a source for restore is exactly what I am talking about.
Currently (v9) I can select to use the snapshot as the source for the restore, but the restore fails.

I certainly would like this functionality, but the alternative is to remove visibility of the snapshots as a source in the GUI.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

I've mentioned those jobs specifically, as they do have Application Aware Image Processing functionality that not only prepares applications for graceful backup, but also collects information regarding them needed for Veeam Explorers. Was just trying to expand your request a bit further.

By the way, have you tried to obtain content db via Guest OS file restore (or Instant VM Recovery) and, then, execute SharePoint Explorer?

Thanks.