Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
tochi
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Renen Quinto

Can you create VEB jobs on VB&R Console

Post by tochi »

Hi,

I just want to ask if you can create jobs on VEB Jobs VB&R... although I was able to use VB&R Repository for a VEB backup job, but I don't see that I can do the job creation on the VB&R console. I still do the job on the source server.. Thanks
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Can you create VEB jobs on VB&R Console

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Renen,

No you cannot do this with VBR. In our next version (called Veeam Agent for Windows, it is being renamed) we will have 3 versions.
Free version which is what you know today, but with additional functionality (We keep supporting and making the free version better)
Workstation and Server version which are paid versions but come with support, lots more functions and the possibility to remotely deploy, configure it through the soon coming VAC (Veeam Availability Console) or through API's (scripts / GPO / SCCM / ...)

Being able to work with VAW jobs in VBR is not yet foreseen but we noted this requests already many times and we are looking into it for our next VBR version

Hope it helps
Mike
tochi
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Renen Quinto

Post by tochi »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the information...
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2717 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Renen,

Out of curiosity, how many computers are you planning to protect with VEB/VAW?

Thanks!