Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Johanfurster
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Johan Furster

'Failed' backup notification not true

Post by Johanfurster »

Hi,

Sometimes we got a email notification with failed job. The backup copy has occurred a error, but later it finished successfully. The issue was temporary and was self resolved about 5 minutes later. I think that de message give a wrong information. At this way i think a warning message is better than failed message. It cost me too time to open a 'failed' job in B&R to research it and the job has finished successfully. I hope that you me understand it. Is in this way possible to change failed into warning message?

I have made a call by Veeam Support (Case # 02030159). They give me right. Maybe can Veeam changed the status change from Failed into Warning.

Best regards,
Johan Furster
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: 'Failed' backup notification not true

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Johan,

Just to make sure I fully understand the question. Was it a backup copy or backup job that triggered "failed" email notification?

Thanks!
Johanfurster
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Johan Furster

Post by Johanfurster »

Hi Vitaliy,

It was backup copy job. Email notification give a failed message, but after a retry was the backup copy job finished successfully.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Actually, the backup copy job should only generate notification message, when sync interval ends or when it finishes all related activities, such as transferring, merging, etc. So, the described situation looks strange.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

BTW, does this confirm for all types of failures or only one particular type that you had?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Also, what was the reason of the failure?