Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
fja
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Feature request: Surebackup detailed report

Post by fja »

We are using this great feature to run monthly backup verification jobs. This will be part og our IT Security policies and procedures - and to log compliance we would like to be able to e-mail a detailed job report... We can send mail on overall checks - nut on by accessing GUI and select 'statistics' do you get full details of test.

Could you please provide a option to send detailed report - an for Surebackup jobs ONLY!

To put in context: we have a system logging our controls and related documentation. Whenever we draw / receive a new report it is uploaded to Sharepoint site with version history. Person controlling the reports as being ok then log that in linked system.
This setup allows os get really speedy approval on IT audits ;-) We would really like Veeam to fit into this setup also..
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Feature request: Surebackup detailed report

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi fja,

Take a look at these reports (already available) that you can automate via Veeam ONE (part of Availability Suite) > Verified VMs and SureBackup Jobs Overview. It seems like this is exactly what you're asking for.

Thanks!
fja
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Post by fja »

Hi Vitaly,

thx for quick answer. I'm aware of the overview reporting. What I am asking for is the job details... Now the details (time, job step, scripts info) is only available if I access the 'statistics' info online using the GUI. I can then copy/paste some screenshots for documentation... But that is the only option for the detailed reporting I ask for.

So - I hope that this makes the request a bit clearer. Checking your links it is more high level management information - nor detailed audit information...
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok, maybe these reports + some additional info from the session should do the trick for now. Thanks for the FR.