Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dave2k7
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Rename the Veeam Backup File Name

Post by dave2k7 »

Hi,

sorry for that question but i just dont get it....

I renamed a Job in Veeam Backup Software, but the Filename (xxx.vbk) didn´t change. I also see the old Filename in the Options of the Backupjob, but i just cant change it, even if i delete all related Backups.
How could i change the Filename itself?

It is possible to remove the timestamp? So that the File name is just "VM_Group_01" for example instead of "VM_Group_012010-11-18T180111.vbk" ?

Other Question: I want to change the path, which is given in the notification mail from Veeam Enterprise Manager (Summary of last sessions)
Anybody knows, where i can change the path? The given path just shows an empty page.

Regards
Alexey D.

Re: Rename the Veeam Backup File Name

Post by Alexey D. »

Hello Dave,

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to rename your job/vbk file?

Considering timestamps and naming in general there is an existing topic, please take a look: V5 VBK file names
dave2k7
Enthusiast

Post by dave2k7 »

yeah its easy.... i made a job called Group1 for example....after i finished, i saw that the name wasn correct and i called it "Group1_ExchangeServers".
The Filename stays "Group1", but the Job now is called "Group1_ExchangeServers"
Alexey D.

Post by Alexey D. »

Renaming is impossible, Dave. Just so many strings are attached to .vbk name after job's run, so renaming is not implemented. Thanks!
dave2k7
Enthusiast

Post by dave2k7 »

Hm okay... so i have to do new jobs...

Well whats up with my other question:

I want to change the path, which is given in the notification mail from Veeam Enterprise Manager (Summary of last sessions)
Anybody knows, where i can change the path? The given path just shows an empty page.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

It should not give empty page. Please contact our support for troubleshooting. Thanks!
dave2k7
Enthusiast

Post by dave2k7 »

Hi,

timestamps will be fixed in an hotfix for version 5.0.1.
gshaw
Enthusiast
Full Name: Gerrard Shaw

Rename backup files

Post by gshaw »

[merged]

I have a backup job that was originally running as a test to prove backup speeds and run a few file restores but now have quite a few restore points that ideally I want to keep and just rename the job appropriately.

I've renamed the job in the console but the backup files on disk keep the old job name, is there any way to get Veeam to update them to match?