Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dbacon
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: David Bacon

Continuos replication backup job keeps sending successes.

Post by dbacon »

We have made a continuous replication job as a test, and every time is completes it sends a success e-mail. We have our global settings set to send for successes as we have multiple jobs running on this server. I have gone into the replication job, and set it to e-mail with custom settings option, and unchecked the notify success option, but it still sends a success message which we don't want on this job as it backs up every 2-5 min so we get spammed by it. Anyone have any ideas as to why even with the custom notification settings enabled and the notify on success unchecked that it keeps sending to us? Thanks :)

Regards

David
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Continuos replication backup job keeps sending successes

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi David,

This seems like something is wrong. However, if I can remember well (this is something that doesn't need to be done a lot) it only accepts those new settings after the job restarts. But if your job is continuous, that means it never took those new settings. (At least, that is my guess). Can you disable the job, check the settings, and enable it again? If it still doesn't accept it and keeps sending emails, please log a support call so our engineers can figure out why it doesn't accept the custom notification settings

Thanks
Mike
dbacon
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: David Bacon

Re: Continuos replication backup job keeps sending successes

Post by dbacon »

Hi Mike,

I will try that again, but I did disable it yesterday, and enable it again as well as restarting all the Veeam services. It may have to be a service call as you suggest. Thanks.

Regards

David