Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
juxo
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: juxo

Invalid question on the exam

Post by juxo »

Hello,

Earlier I tried to pass the exam VMCE and view next question around editions and license files question for Storage Snapshots.

[REDACTED] Removed the exam question and answer options

When I read textbook VMCEv.9 on p.189 I view two columns for Ent.plus (Hyper-V and VMware), but the license for Hyper-V and VMware same
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Invalid question on the exam

Post by veremin »

Storage Snapshot functionality is available only for vSphere deployments. Cannot comment on an exam text, but we've reached already a person who can do that. Let's wait till he chimes in. Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I agree that this question should be rephrased, since technically Hyper-V is using volume snapshots (similar concept as storage snapshots) today. Might be a bit confusing.
haslund
Veeam Software
Liked: 149 times
Full Name: Rasmus Haslund

Post by haslund »

Legal disclaimer: The NDA you signed digitally before starting the VMCE exam at Pearson VUE, prohibits you from discussing any part of the VMCE exam contents. Pending further review, this exact exam question is now disabled.

As it was stated above, the specific feature "Backup from Storage Snapshots" is only available for VMware as per https://www.veeam.com/backup-version-st ... rison.html.
The license for Hyper-V and vSphere are indeed not the same. If you purchased a license to protect a Hyper-V environment and decide to replace everything with vSphere, you would have to obtain a new .lic file, that instead of Hyper-V licenses includes vSphere licenses.
Rasmus Haslund | Twitter: @haslund | Blog: https://rasmushaslund.com