Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
robinhollins
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Robin Hollins

File to Tape user credentials

Post by robinhollins »

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a File to Tape job and I am encountering an issue relating to user rights. (v9.0.0.1491)

I've read a few things suggesting that the account that runs the "Veeam Data Mover Service" has to have rights on any source folders.

But ideally I could do with specifying a different account because the source lies in a different domain. When setting up the source folders where to service account doesn't have access I am prompted to choose credentials, I select an different Veeam credential from our other domain which has full access to the folders and it verifies correctly, but when the job executes I get "cannot enumerate folders".

The source of our backups is very large (15-20TB) and it would take an extremely long-time to apply top down permissions for the service account across all folders

I suppose I am just asking if anyone else has ever setup a file to tape job without the Data Mover service account having access? And is it any different in v9.5?

Thanks

Rob
lyapkost
Expert
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: Konstantin

Re: File to Tape user credentials

Post by lyapkost »

Hi, Robin! Please, upgrade to upd2 (v. 9.0.0.1715). There was a problem in 1491 build with file to tape job if more than one shared folder was added there, it is fixed in upd2. Please let us know in case the problem persists after upgrading.
robinhollins
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Robin Hollins

Post by robinhollins »

Thanks for that will feedback when we upgrade. We are going to version 9.5 at some point. Is there any know issues with file to tape in that version do you know?
lyapkost
Expert
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: Konstantin

Post by lyapkost »

Thre are no known major issues connected with file to tape job in last 9.5 version (9.5 upd1) so you may as well upgrade to that verstion.