Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
rimvydukas
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Veeam and library FT support

Post by rimvydukas »

Hi,

We have IBM LTO6 library. Problem is that drives from this library have multiple FC SAN connections. IBM tape drivers support Control path failover and Data Path failover. But I have problem with Veeam with this configuration. Can you add support for fault tolerant libraries at last?
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: Veeam and library FT support

Post by Andreas Neufert »

At the moment we do not support multiple control paths.
Multiple Paths on the Drive Side should work when you install the original driver of the drives.
rimvydukas
Enthusiast

Post by rimvydukas »

I have original drivers installed. Problem is that drivers support paths failover only when they are installed in exclusive mode. And your manual says that tape drivers must be installed in non exclusive mode.

Another problem that I had working situation with v8 when drivers were in exclusive mode. With v9 everything broke.

I contacted your support and I was told that Veeam does not support fault tolerant drives (with two FC paths). Advice was to disable one path:/ But what if I want to fave fault tolerant situation from the tape library perspective??????
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Post by Andreas Neufert »

Please add the Support Ticket Number here. I will check with the responsible people then.
rimvydukas
Enthusiast

Post by rimvydukas »

Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

rimvydukas,

Indeed, this might now work with the latest set of vendor’s drivers. Our goal is to support the exclusive drivers and path failover feature in v9.5 Update 2.