Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
SBarrett847
Service Provider
Liked: 41 times
Full Name: Stephen Barrett

[Feature Request] -Add Date/Time column to statistics in GUI

Post by SBarrett847 » 1 person likes this post

I'll feel like an idiot if this is already present - but I'd like to see the GUI Statistics window have a Column that shows the Date and time (or maybe just time) of the events that occur. Currently when I'm tracking down what happened when, I have to copy the entry and paste it into notepad to see the Date and time of the event.

For Example - I'd like to be able to see at a glance when during the night, the time Veeam initiates a snapshot, so I can quickly correlate if issues seen on a particular VM occurred at the same time.

Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: [Feature Request] -Add Date/Time column to statistics in

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for sharing! I saw similar request for VEB and we agreed that time stamp in tooltip for every log entry can help. Would that work in you case?
SBarrett847
Service Provider
Liked: 41 times
Full Name: Stephen Barrett

Post by SBarrett847 »

While it would be welcome in the tooltip, the tooltips are far too long as it is :)

Also is the Tooltip disappearing from view timeout could be a little longer?

Oh actually..... instead, can we get a button that opens the whole log in Notepad, directly from the GUI above? That would do the trick. One button for the overall job log and a Button for the Individual VM logs.
dpatel
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

Post by dpatel » 1 person likes this post

Hi,

I am agree with SBarrett847. Tooltip is not right option. If you can add separate column for start time and end time of task. It will help us great to analyze backup activity from GUI.

Thanks