Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
syntetikvision
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: João Ferreira

Veeam Agent Linux Volume Restore from Recovery Media

Post by syntetikvision »

Hi,

I've been using Veeam Agent Linux to backup our physical servers to the Veeam B&R Enterprise Plus server. I've made the recovery media following all the instructions.

Today, i've tried to make a full volume restore in one machine, but after boot into the recovery media, none of the 2 network interfaces could be configured.

I've try with dhcp (the network connected to the interface has dhcp server active and i tried with a laptop to make sure that network and dhcp works) and manual ip, but it throws the same error all the time.

Failed to configure the network interface .... Also tried to going into the shell and do a dmesg to confirm that the network interfaces where detected during boot, and saw the two broadcom extreme network interfaces of the server.

So, i don't understand why this is not working ?

Glad if someone could help me with this.

Regards,
sl0n
Influencer

Re: Veeam Agent Linux Volume Restore from Recovery Media

Post by sl0n »

I saw the same on my laptop, however enforcing DHCP on respective network interface solved it.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Current version of Recovery Media is missing Broadcom drivers. Please contact support team for workaround.

Thanks
UAnton
Novice
Full Name: Anton Zubkov

Post by UAnton »

How to I can add drivers for BR1020? I can't restore backup. Network card is nit present.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Please contact our support team directly for workaround.

Thanks