Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Eamonn Deering
Service Provider
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: EamonnD

Virtual LAP proxy allows Symante AV clients update

Post by Eamonn Deering »

I have a surebackup job booting up a VM in an isolated Veeam LAB. Lab has Proxy enabled on the default port 8080.

On the windows client in the LAB if I give it web access via LAB isolated IP ( typically the VM's default gateway) and port 8080 the isolated Symantec AV client starts updating, green dot lights up, AV policies and defs get applied from the production LAN server. I'm assuming its hitting the Production server via port 443.

Is this commutation expected behaviour?
What other ports are open from the isolated LAN to production LAN when one goes through the VLAB appliance proxy?

Sep ports
https://support.symantec.com/en_US/arti ... 63787.html
TCP 443, Communication between Symantec Endpoint Protection client and Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (HTTPS)
httpd.exe (Apache), •Optional, •Initiated by Symantec Endpoint Protection clients, •Configurable, Clients also use TCP ephemeral ports.

Thanks
Eamonn
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1401 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: Virtual LAP proxy allows Symante AV clients update

Post by Andreas Neufert »

There is no communication allowed from within the Virtual Lab to the outside world by default.
If you enable the proxy virtual lab setting, then you can access the internet from the lab. Needed only in ondemand labs if you need something from the internet.

I would disable the Virtual Lab Proxy setting if not really needed and this will go away.
If you really need this, please describe a bit more how the servers are connected and which IP addresses and subnets are used (Symantec Server, Proxy IP, Masquerade IP, VM IP,...)