Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
chillware
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: David McCoy

Can I keep a specific restore point for a specific server?

Post by chillware »

Hello,

I have a Backup to disk job created to keeps 15 restore points, it is doing daily full backups of all the servers. I need to some how keep a specific restore point from 12/31 for a specific server for an undetermined amount of time. How can I accomplish this? Thank you!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Can I keep a specific restore point for a specific serve

Post by Mike Resseler »

David,

Maybe others know if there is a possibility for this. I don't know the reason for this, but for me that used to be for audit / compliance / legal reasons. What I normally did in that case was restore the data (only the files obviously) and stored it away to some removable media (In the good old days tape, then iomega removable devices ... :-))

Is that a possibility for you?

P.S. Sorry, forgot to mention. And that media with that data on it obviously went straight to the vault at work.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi David,

You can do that if you run an instant recovery for the required VM (restore point), and then trigger a VeeamZIP job to create a separate file (full backup of that VM) and place it to the archive storage.

Thanks!
WRS2200
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Weston Strom

Post by WRS2200 »

Thanks for the post. I went with Mike's solution to the question asked. This worked fine.