Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
tomsmi
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Tomasz S.

Backup Copy Job processing.

Post by tomsmi »

Hi, please confirm that I have correct understanding of Backup Copy Job processing.
Backup Copy Job (BCJ) is created from another backup Job.
Unfortunately BCJ could not transfer all data from source repository to target repository during copy time window.
First full backup (8,2TB) was not completely transfered, and next two successive incremental backups also were not transfered completely.
Veeam reported that fourth BCJ was successful.
As per: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95 I should have had 4 backup files that all form one full backup.
According to this only one real incremental backup that contains las changes will be wisible .

Is that correct?

From what I noticed: one .vbk file and three .vib files were merged to produce one incremental backup (visible from Veeam console)

Another thing is I saw that no matter how many incremental backups I'll do during one backup copy interval window, all changes will be reflected in backup chain that Veeam sees.

Is that correct?
kilobits
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Joe

Re: Backup Copy Job processing.

Post by kilobits »

This looks okay to me. Incrementals and one full backup. Which backup method did you choose for the job?
tomsmi
Influencer

Post by tomsmi »

I have choosen classic forward incremental for backup job.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Not sure whether I got your first question, but the described situation looks expected.

During the fourth synchronization cycle the backup copy job was finally able to transfer missing full and incremental data and to synthesize a successful increment.

As to your second question, it does not matter how often source job runs within synchronization interval (or how many changes it produces), only one increment will be created by a backup copy job within one interval.

Thanks.
tomsmi
Influencer

Post by tomsmi » 1 person likes this post

This is exactly what I was asking about. Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Glad to hear my answers helped to clarify the confusion. Should other help be needed, don't hesitate to let us know.