Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Wocka
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Warwick Ferguson

Veeam Angent Windows - Stuck on Free Version

Post by Wocka »

Hello,

I have just installed the Agent and assigned the license and selected the Server edition.
My beta is stuck on the "Free Edition". Case ID: 02054425

This test Windows 2008 R2 Server was running Veeam B&R V9 (Trial) and then Endpoint Free. I removed both products through the Control Panel, then rebooted. I then deleted the Veeam folders under c:\Program Files(x68), c:\Progam Files, C:\ProgramData. I then installed the Agent and added the License file.

I can't seem to run the "add license" option again to try and make the license stick. I did read you need to remove Endpoint Free, which I had.
Any idea's how to make this product licensed?
Maltsev
Novice
Liked: never

Re: Veeam Angent Windows - Stuck on Free Version

Post by Maltsev »

same problem. Have any solution?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Warwick,

I seem to recall that there are indeed some issues with the beta if you are running it on a box that had previously other components installed and the license remains in free mode. The problem is I can't recall anymore exactly how to fix it. Removing the license is done by Veeam.Backup.Manager.exe –remove license so maybe there is the same CMD possibility to add it (But I don't have access to my lab at this moment).

But support will be able to help you for sure. Please post the result here to make it easy for others to find the solution
Thanks
Mike
Wocka
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Warwick Ferguson

Post by Wocka »

Hi Mike, thx for the response. The Support team are helping and very responsive

Maltsev,
I was asked to do the following:
1. On my B&R Server Click Menu \ License.
2. Click Install License, and select the beta license. This then produces another License tab called "Agent for Windows".
3. Go back to the Agent installation and open it up. On the About tab the License refreshed from "Free Edition" to "Server Edition".
4. If your Agent doesn't go to the Server Edition, go back to the B&R Server, click Menu \ License \ Agent for Windows tab. Click the Manage button and then the Agent Server and click the Assign button

Regards
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Warwick,

When you are using VBR as a target license should be deployed to VBR console, that is correct. Then license is downloaded by VAW from VBR during first connection to the VBR repo or during backup job configuration.