Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
baber
Veteran
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Babak Seyedi nejad

license for Microsoft Windows and Veeam Agent for Linux

Post by baber »

Dear all
Hi

i have send mail to your sale team but no one answered me i have 2 questions :

1 - is there different license for Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows and Veeam Agent for Linux ? do i have to buy two different license ?

2 - what is your meand from 3 years ? after 3 years my license will be expire or my support will be expire?

Br
Babak
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1177 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: license for Microsoft Windows and Veeam Agent for Linux

Post by nielsengelen »

1. They are different. You can buy the exact amount of licenses for the Veeam Agent for Windows & Linux.
2. After 3 years you will have to renew the license as well as support - or keep using free version with no support.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Could you also tell me when did you send the email and what web-form did you use for that please?

BTW, licenses can be merged into a single file for your convenience, you just have to contact your sales person.

Thank you
baber
Veteran
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Babak Seyedi nejad

Post by baber »

i have sent an email 4 january 2017 with title of buy license from email adress : bab.sdn@gmail.com to sales team with email adress : sales@veeam.com

1- now i did not understand that after 3 years if don't renew that license will be expire and can not get backup from physical windows or linux server ? or just my support will be expire?

2- i have more than 200 physical windows server do i have to buy 200 license ??? 200*365$ ????????????????????????

BR
jmmarton
Veeam Software
Liked: 309 times
Full Name: Joe Marton

Post by jmmarton »

The agents are currently licensed with a subscription model only (at least in North America). As such, if the subscription expires and is not renewed, the product can not be used at all.

If you have 200 physical servers, then yes you would need 200 agent subscriptions (licenses). For specific pricing it's best to discuss either with Veeam sales or your preferred Veeam reseller.

Joe
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

i have sent an email 4 january 2017 with title of buy license from email adress : bab.sdn@gmail.com to sales team with email adress : sales@veeam.com
I assume that you used this form, is that correct? I'll contact sales team and let them know that you've never been responded and they need to contact you as soon as possible. Sorry for inconvenience.
i have more than 200 physical windows server do i have to buy 200 license ??? 200*365$ ????????????????????????
I'm not sure where did you get that price from, please check this page - 1 year is 251 USD per server, or 3 years is 601 USD per server, however your mileage may vary depending on the amount of licenses that you pruchase. Kindly follow the abovementioned link and find a reseller for your region.

Thank you