Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
jconk711
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Jesse

Veeam Agents in B&R Console

Post by jconk711 »

We have just recently installed the beta on a physical server and have been playing around with it. One thing that we were very interested in was the ability to monitor the agents via our centralized Veeam Backup & Replication console. We plan to install Veeam 9.5 Update 1 this weekend so that we can manage/track these jobs from our console but I am having trouble finding any guides/white papers on how once you have Veeam 9.5 Update 1 installed you can deploy agents from the console or add the existing agents to the console for monitoring. Does anyone know where these instructions can be found as I do not see this in the help center. Appreciate any help!
rowebil
Novice
Full Name: William Rowe

Re: Veeam Agents in B&R Console

Post by rowebil »

Very good question.
They talk about how we can manage configuration, start and stop, and add/delete agents from B&R but I do not see how to do that.
You have to edit the agent inside B&R in order to set the application-aware processing... but I cannot edit the agent.

I can only see statistics and disable/delete the agent from the Jobs>Agents menu in B&R console 9.5 Update 1 Version 9.5.0.823.

EDIT:
When you point to a B&R repo, it will change the license back to free and allow B&R to manage the license for you.
So I went back into B&R console, start menu, licenses, and then added my license file.
Then Veeam Agent for Windows now said 'Server' as the edition.
I went back onto that Server and went to configure backup.
Then it displayed application-aware settings as it should.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Jesse,
we can manage/track these jobs from our console
Job management i.e. backup configuration distribution is currently not supported. You can set repository permissions up, monitor job activity, manage encryption, use backup throttling or rely on global email notification in VBR console.
Does anyone know where these instructions can be found as I do not see this in the help center.
Sure. Here you go
jconk711
Service Provider
Full Name: Jesse

Post by jconk711 »

Thank you very much Dima and rowebil. I will give it a shot after i do the update this weekend.
oleg.scherbinin
Novice
Full Name: Oleg Shcherbinin

Post by oleg.scherbinin »

Hi All,
Once Job management i.e. backup configuration distribution is currently not supported, is there any outlook on VAW final version ? VAW Job Management via VBR console is the magor impact to deliver valuable devision between Endpoint Backup and Corporate Veeam Agents for HW machines.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

Hi Oleg - since such integration would be mostly a B&R feature, not a VAW feature - so it cannot arrive in the final VAW 2.0 build in any case. But we are considering it for the future B&R version. Thanks!