Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
TimbDuff
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Tim Duff

Scheduled Restore

Post by TimbDuff »

In future upgrades it would be awesome to see Veeam add the ability to schedule restores. We are looking for something like this for our DR site.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Scheduled Restore

Post by PTide »

Hi,

I'm not quite sure that I fully understand the use case, may I ask you to provide some additional info please?

Thanks
TimbDuff
Novice

Post by TimbDuff »

For sure, we replicate all of our Backups to our DR site daily. The goal is to have our AD servers restored on a fairly regular basis ( hopefully daily). To make all this easier it would be nice if this could be a scheduled automatic job. Hopefully that all makes sense.
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

we replicate all of our Backups to our DR site daily
Do you mean Backup Copy job, Remote Replica, or storage based replication?
The goal is to have our AD servers restored on a fairly regular basis ( hopefully daily). To make all this easier it would be nice if this could be a scheduled automatic job. Hopefully that all makes sense.
Why would you need to restore AD on a daily or weekly basis? If you want to check if the backups are restorable then I'd suggest you to stick with SureBackup Job. Otherwise I'm very curious about the idea behind Scheduled Restores. :)

Anyway, we don't have such feature ATM, but you might want to use Powershell cmdlet combined with Windows Task Scheduler.

Thank you
TimbDuff
Novice

Post by TimbDuff »

Storage based replication,
We would like daily ideal, but at most every few days. We would like to restore quite often due to the way our AD passwords is tied into our USB Smart Cards and VPN. If a users Smart Card Pin or AD password changed and not changed on the DR site they would not be able to connect via VPN.
It looks like the Power Shell commands with Task Scheduler might be our best option.
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Then I don't understand, why won't you setup replication job in order to keep your DR AD updated? Sorry, just can't grasp the idea behind the whole setup.

Thank you