Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kubimike
Veteran
Liked: 41 times
Full Name: MikeO

odd scheduling issue in 9.5 SP1

Post by kubimike »

so I have job that runs every 4 hours. There is a time exclusion set 10AM - 5:59PM no incrementals are performed. So 6PM a job will trigger, then for some reason at 8 PM another incremental job will trigger. Im not sure why this is occurring, this was not happening when I first setup the job weeks ago. I could probably re-create the job but dont want to because that would require doing a Full active which takes forever. Any tips or ideas on how to get this to stop? I was going to block 8 PM from running any jobs but that seems hack. As a feature request it would be cool to have an area to see scheduled upcoming jobs like Microsofts DPM. It was a nice window to visit to see jobs that had occurred and jobs that are on the horizon.

TIA!
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: odd scheduling issue in 9.5 SP1

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Mike,

Can you please provide us with the screenshot of the job schedule and backup window (where you've set the exclusion time)?

Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Mike, please refer to this user guide section for details on how 'periodically every' schedule works in Veeam B&R. There're a couple of rules that explain what you're seeing:
- Veeam Backup & Replication always starts counting defined intervals from 12:00 AM. For example, if you configure to run a job with a 4-hour interval, the job will start at 12:00 AM, 4:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 4:00 PM and so on.
- If you define permitted hours for the job, after the denied interval is over, Veeam Backup & Replication will immediately start the job and then run the job by the defined schedule.
kubimike
Veteran
Liked: 41 times
Full Name: MikeO

Post by kubimike »

OK that explains it, I guess the only way to fix it is deny up until 8PM which isn't what I want either.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Increasing your backup window to 8:00 PM should do the trick indeed. Thanks.