Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cjoles
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Chris Joles

Copy Jobs ?

Post by cjoles »

Something I dont understand about copy jobs. We have a backup job that runs every night to a SAN, last night it transferred a total of 84.2 GB. I have a copy job that starts and is supposed to copy what the san backup did, but why does the copy job show that it has transferred over 3TB when the original job only transferred 84.2 GB? I dont understand why the copy jobs dont copy what the original job did? Can anyone shed some light on this?

We are running Veeam Backup and Replication 9.5.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Copy Jobs ?

Post by foggy »

Hi Chris, is it the first backup copy job cycle? What settings does it have at the Target step of the wizard - is the "Read from source..." check box enabled?
cjoles
Novice

Post by cjoles »

No, this is not the first initial backup.
Regarding the settings under target, Backup repository is selected, 2 restore points, nothing selected below that. Nothing under advanced, maintenance. Storage is set to Enable inline data dedup and set to optimal compression with encryption enabled. Under virtual machines, the source is set to the SAN repository, which is where the backup to sans go.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Backup copy job should copy only blocks changed since its last restore point was created, so what you're describing doesn't look expected. I recommend letting our engineers take a closer look at your setup.
cjoles
Novice

Post by cjoles »

Ok, I will open up a ticket