Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Frayre
Lurker
Liked: never

Veeam Enpoint low disk space warning

Post by Frayre »

If possible I would like to change the percentage that Veeam Endpoint gives a warning about disk space. I currently backup all my home pc's to a FreeNas box I built with over 6 Tb of available disk space. Currently I have 400 gig available on the Freenas volume however I am getting warnings with each backup. is there a way to change the percentage of space available before It will trigger a Disk Space Backup warning?

Thanks for the assistance!
Pat490
Expert
Liked: 29 times
Full Name: Patrick

Re: Veeam Enpoint low disk space warning

Post by Pat490 » 1 person likes this post

I think there was a regkey to edit percentage (not sure if it only works with VBR repo)

Create a new DWORD at client machine "HKLM\Software\Veeam\Veeam Endpoint Backup\BackupRepositoryFreeSpaceThresholdPercent"
Set it to amount of space you want to give low space warning, in percents.

or disable warning completely: veeam-agent-for-windows-f33/message-dis ... 92-15.html
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeam Enpoint low disk space warning

Post by Dima P. »

Just keep in mind that there are two types of warnings. One reflects that your source volumes is running low on disk space and this might affect VSS snapshot creation. Another is related to your backup repository running low on disk space which may result your backup job to fail.