Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
larry
Veteran
Liked: 97 times
Full Name: Larry Walker

Static mapping in the virtual lab.

Post by larry »

When I setup the static mapping in a virtual lab I can only reach the address from the current LAN segment. If I go to a different lan segment I cant ping the Access IP. The Veeam server is hardware with 3 NICs. Is there a way to assign a default router for the access IP of the static mapping? The lab address in pingable from other networks. The Access IP is on the network with the default router. FYI, The PCs in the lab can browse the internet.

I did find a bunch of threads but no solution. The closest is
veeam-backup-replication-f2/virtual-lab ... tml#p21601

I think the short question is
Is there a way to assign a default router for the access IP of the static mapping?
larry
Veteran

Re: Static mapping in the virtual lab.

Post by larry »

I am still on Ver 9.
larry
Veteran

Post by larry »

Went to lunch came back now it routes as expected? Tried for at least an hour but would rote off LAN segment, now after 2 hours it does?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Larry, you need to "educate" your router, so that it know that packets from outside of the subnet should be sent to the appliance IP (Veeam B&R doesn't have access to your router). I'm not sure though, why it started working after a couple of hours (if I'm getting your last post correctly).
larry
Veteran

Post by larry »

I reset a few times and each time now the static mapping can route now. Takes a couple of minutes( 2 or 3) but then works. This is the Access IP which is just an IP on my production network the lab has. I use to remote into the lab PC without needing to route the masquerade IP addresses