Management reporting and documentation
jahn
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jeehyo Ahn

VMs No Longer Reported as Potential Issues

Post by jahn »

Has anyone experience or know why the VM Configuration Assessment report would no longer list VMs with potential issues in 9.5 that used to appear in 9.0?

While using Veeam Suite 9.0 (Backup & Replication / Enterprise Backup Manager / ONE Reporter) there were several VMs that appeared with potential issues such as "VMware Tools Not Running". Since upgrading to Veeam Suite 9.5 these VMs no longer appear on the list and everything shows ready for backup.

I can confirm today there are several VMs that still have the same configuration that caused them to appear while on 9.0 (e.g. "VMware Tools Not Running"). I was unable to find documentation on any changes to how the VM Configuration Assessment report is generated. Is this an expected behavior when upgrading from 9.0 to 9.5? Has the requirements for potential VM configuration issues changed with this release?

Case #02076594 was opened with Veeam ONE support team and the technician deferred this question to the Veeam ONE forums.

Thanks
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: VMs No Longer Reported as Potential Issues

Post by Shestakov »

Hello and welcome to the community!
That`s not an expected behaviour as we didn`t make such a changes in the report`s logic, so please keep working with the support team.
Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Can you quickly ran VMs Configuration Overview or any other report to confirm that VMware Tools status is reporter properly?
jahn
Novice

Post by jahn »

VMware Overview > VMs Configuration report as well as custom reports correctly identifies and lists all VMs with their respective tools status.
I will just create and use a custom report to accomplish the same thing VM Configuration Assessment report does seeing as that method is behaving as expected.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

That would be a good workaround, but I would appreciate if you could update this topic with a solution for future readers.
jahn
Novice

Post by jahn »

Sure, I'll update if I find one, but so far I've had no luck reviewing through documents or the technical support team.