Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
Jpurdy79
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Jonathan Purdy

Datastore Disk I/O Stats

Post by Jpurdy79 »

I'm currently running Veeam Monitor 5.0.0.261 and just recently upgraded my vCenter server to 4.1. Since the upgrade, I have not been able to view any Datastore I/O stats. Veeam monitor states there is "No Data Available". Any ideas?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Datastore Disk I/O Stats

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Jonathan,

Could you please tell if you have a mixed environment of ESX(i) hosts 4.0 and 4.1 being managed by vCenter Server? Do you see any datastore-related information on the Disk tab while standing on the particluar ESX(i) host at the infrastructure tree?

Thanks!
Jpurdy79
Influencer

Post by Jpurdy79 »

Yes...currently I have a mixed environment of ESX 4.0 and ESXi 4.1 hosts. I can view datastore related metrics when viewing the Disk tab on the ESXi 4.1 host? So...should I be able to see the metrics from the DataStore view once all of my hosts have been upgraded to ESXi 4.1?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, you should be seeing those metrics as soon as you upgrade to ESX(i) 4.1. The reason why datastore statistics is missing from datastore view for 4.0 hosts is that I/O metrics are pulled from Datastore Tab and not from Disk Tab on the ESX(i) host.
Jpurdy79
Influencer

Post by Jpurdy79 »

Yes, after upgrading all our hosts to ESXi 4.1 our DataStore metrics are populating. Thanks!