Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
Stan-san
Influencer
Liked: 6 times

Veeam One reporter dashboards show "No data available"

Post by Stan-san »

Hello all,

I have recently installed Veeam One 9.5.0.3254 on the same server where I have Veeam B&R. Previously this server had Veeam One Free which I had uninstalled prior to installing the licensed version. The installation is configured with a remote SQL instance.

After the installation I opened Veeam One monitor and found that it picked up my vCenter and B&R servers automatically. However, all the dashboards in Veeam One reporter are empty and basically only show the "No data for this period" message.

Then I opened a case 02068180. The first guy working on the case checked whether the Veeam One service account is in local Administrators and Veeam One Administrators group, tried to run manual data collection, which seems to work but never gives the data. The second guy also checked the group membership and also added that service account as an Administrator through Users and Roles in my B&R console (although this thing is not mentioned in the docs - at least neither I, nor the tech support guy were able to find it).
Also, he deleted the B&R server and I readded it back in Veeam One Monitor, however this also didn't help a lot. Still manual data collection works pretty fine, but "No data for this period" in the Veeam One dashboards.

Also just in case I deleted the vCenter server in Veeam One Monitor and wanted to add it back, however it stuck in "Deleting" status and still stuck after 3 hours. Some guys on this forum had the same issue, but no solution is posted in that thread.

Any ideas why Veeam One reporter has No Data available?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Veeam One reporter dashboards show "No data available"

Post by Shestakov »

Hello and welcome to the community!
Could you help us size the issue? Do vSphere dashboards show the information as expected? What about Veeam Backup reports?
There were such issues in previous product versions which were fixed so it`s better to keep working with the support team.
Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Feel free to escalate this issue to a higher tier, if this is not resolved in the timely manner. Your scenario is pretty standard, maybe a quick WebEx should be helpful too.
Stan-san
Influencer

Post by Stan-san »

Shestakov wrote:Hello and welcome to the community!
Could you help us size the issue? Do vSphere dashboards show the information as expected? What about Veeam Backup reports?
There were such issues in previous product versions which were fixed so it`s better to keep working with the support team.
Thanks!
vSphere dashboards show high level information only. If you try to open drill down report, it will show you "No data available" in the "Scope". For example, I tried to open VMWARE INFRASTRUCTURE - VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENT - View full report - Include VMs with snapshots. Clicking on "Create report" results in nothing, only the "No data available" in the "Scope" highlights in red and no report is generated.
Vitaliy S. wrote:Feel free to escalate this issue to a higher tier, if this is not resolved in the timely manner. Your scenario is pretty standard, maybe a quick WebEx should be helpful too.
The engineer who worked with the case is currently discussing the case with the tier 3 engineers in Europe.

Thank you! Will try to post solution if found.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Thanks for the reply, Stan.
Please keep working on the issue with a support engineer since it`s probably a software bug.
We will keep track of the support case.
Stan-san
Influencer

Post by Stan-san » 2 people like this post

The issue has been eventually solved by running a query against the VeeamOne database. This query fixed some issue with "tables not correctly linked to each other due to initial data collection" (may be wrong with wording, not a DBA). The tier 3 level engineer was knowledgeable and pleasant person to speak with. I wish I was able to go directly to that tier, skipping 1 and 2...
I'm not sure I should post that query here but he also said that the full redeployment of Veeam One would solve the issue as well.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Thank you for coming back, Stan, highly appreciated!
There are not many of Tier-3 engineers so they cannot resolve all the cases :)
No need to paste the script here as issues my vary.