Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
BCT-Tech
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time

Scheduled Backup Not Starting

Post by BCT-Tech »

Running Veeam Endpoint 1.5.0.306 and the scheduled backup is not starting for some reason. "Disable scheduled backups" is unchecked.

We have it set for Entire Computer, to a Shared Folder, credentials saved, 10 days of restore points, scheduled daily @ 10:00pm every day, backup no more often than 2 hours.

When I look in the status, I see the manual job we ran 22 hours ago (because the scheduled one didn't kick off). Also, one that says "Just Now" but we did not start a backup, and it is not referring to the scheduled job. Date & Time are correct on the 2012 R2 Server.

All VSS Writers are in a stable, no error condition.

Have not heard back from Veeam Support, but case # is 02075591

Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Scheduled Backup Not Starting

Post by Dima P. »

BCT-Tech,

Unfortunately, the error is very generic, so let’s wait for support investigation results.
BCT-Tech
Service Provider

Post by BCT-Tech »

Support has requested screenshots of settings and exported Windows Event logs. I have uploaded them and waiting to hear back.

The scheduled job still does not start automatically. When doing a manual backup, I have to hit the "backup now" button twice before the job starts and shows up as "processing".
BCT-Tech
Service Provider

Post by BCT-Tech »

Not much help from Support so far.

The "Just Now" job pictured above shows up every time we open the Control Panel. The Server had a date & time issue due to incorrect BIOS settings, where the date was 2022 for a short time on the Server. It has been corrected, but we are wondering if this is causing the scheduled backups to not start.
BCT-Tech
Service Provider

Post by BCT-Tech » 1 person likes this post

Re-creating the database using the Recreatedatabase registry key resolved this issue. Scheduled jobs now start correctly.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Local time and BIOS time might be the reason. Looks like database was keeping the original timestamp even after you changed it. Glad to see that the recreate database solution helped and thanks for sharing it with the community.