Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
kenny782
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kenneth M.

Veeam Data Transfer for VMWare

Post by kenny782 »

I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I've never really confirmed it and it's always bugged me.

So I have a VCenter 6.0 Server managing 3 ESXi 6.0 hosts.
VEEAM is plugged into my VCenter server which obviously in turn connects it to my 3 Hosts and VM's.

When it comes to my actual backup jobs, is VEEAM transferring my actual backup data directly from those hosts or is it funneling all the data through VCenter?
I've always assumed it pulled the data directly from the hosts but I've never actually confirmed that...

I'm not using any SAN Transport methods.

Thanks,

Kenny
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam Data Transfer for VMWare

Post by foggy »

Hi Kenneth, there're several data transport modes available, but vCenter itself is used for management activity only. Please review the following FAQ topic and corresponding user guide section for details and feel free to ask additional questions if required.
kenny782
Novice

Post by kenny782 »

Sorry I should have clicked the link when I got the email update but thanks for your prompt reply.
That's what I thought I guess I was just trying to find a reason for some performance issues.

But after joining the forum to ask that question I see I'm not the only one and looking forward to the next update release to really get my DR site running the way I want.

Thanks again,

Kenny
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

What kind of performance issues do you observe? And what are you expecting from the next update release specifically?
kenny782
Novice

Post by kenny782 »

Well this was the wrong post to mention it, I was referring to the performance increase on failbacks that will hopefully be in the next update.