PowerShell script exchange
zuldan
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times

How to get restore point count for a backup job?

Post by zuldan »

So I'm trying to work out the Powershell command to get the same restore point figures as what you see in the VBR GUI Console. I can never get the number to match up. Anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Code: Select all

Get-VBRRestorePoint -Backup 'S12AUMDC01VVC01 - SQL Servers 02' | Group-Object -Property VmName | Select-Object -Property Name,@{Name='RestorePoints';Expression={$PSItem.Count}}
tdewin
Veeam Software
Liked: 646 times
Full Name: Timothy Dewin

Re: How to get restore point count for a backup job?

Post by tdewin »

Does it work better if you use get-vbrbackup as a source? For me this gives the exact same result:

$job = "Backup Job AD"
$vm = "adalone"
$count = $(get-vbrbackup -name $job | Get-VBRRestorePoint -Name $vm | Measure-Object).Count
write-host $count
or with your code

$job = "Backup Job AD"
get-vbrbackup -name $job | Get-VBRRestorePoint | Group-Object -Property VmName
zuldan
Enthusiast

Post by zuldan »

No luck with either. Both show 54 restore points per VM instead of 13 like the GUI.

Count Name                      Group                                                                                                
----- ----                      -----                                                                                                
   54 S12AUMDC01SQL14           {Veeam.Backup.Core.COib, Veeam.Backup.Core.COib, Veeam.Backup.Core.COib, Veeam.Backup.Core.COib...}  
   54 S12AUMDC01SQL11           {Veeam.Backup.Core.COib, Veeam.Backup.Core.COib, Veeam.Backup.Core.COib, Veeam.Backup.Core.COib...}  
   54 S12AUMDC01SQL12           {Veeam.Backup.Core.COib, Veeam.Backup.Core.COib, Veeam.Backup.Core.COib, Veeam.Backup.Core.COib...}  
   54 S12AUMDC01SQL02           {Veeam.Backup.Core.COib, Veeam.Backup.Core.COib, Veeam.Backup.Core.COib, Veeam.Backup.Core.COib...}  
   54 S12AUMDC01SQL13           {Veeam.Backup.Core.COib, Veeam.Backup.Core.COib, Veeam.Backup.Core.COib, Veeam.Backup.Core.COib...}
tdewin
Veeam Software
Liked: 646 times
Full Name: Timothy Dewin

Post by tdewin »

Don't experience it in my lab. Maybe, you could try investigating the dates

Get-VBRRestorePoint -Backup $job | Group-Object -Property VmName | % { $vmg = $_;write-host $vmg.name; $vmg.Group | Sort-Object -Property creationtime -Descending | % { write-host $_.creationtime; };write-host ""}
Takes the properties of the backup, and see what dates are mismatching. If older dates are showing up, maybe you have residue data left.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Most likely, there are stuck entities inside product db. So, I recommend checking db with support team help. Thanks.
zuldan
Enthusiast

Post by zuldan »

Thanks v.Eremin. I'll open up a Veeam case.
zuldan
Enthusiast

Post by zuldan »

v.Eremin, before I open up a new case, I just had a thought. Is it possible this issue is related to case 02082443. Details at veeam-backup-replication-f2/veeam-exagr ... 41399.html
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Zuldan,

That might be the case indeed. As I just read that other thread, I would wait for the result of that one. I think that one is the most urgent one and needs to be fixed as soon as possible. I can't help you there however. Our engineer will do its best to get this fixed and escalate when necessary.

From the moment that is done, we can come back to this one and see if the issue is still there

Mike