Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Squeezer
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Backup schedules for multiple servers?

Post by Squeezer »

Right now I have a dozen servers that are backed up in one nightly backup. I'd like to have each server backup separately, so that I can backup just one server by clicking on that backup job and selecting to run the b ackup on it. I'd like to have individual backups for each server so that if I need to make a change so a server, and the change causes issues, I can restore the VM. I know I would need to delete my current backup job that backs up all of the servers, and create individual backup jobs for all of the servers, but would it also be possible to have a "catch-all" backup that would back up any servers missed by the individual backups (such as if a VM team added a server and didn't tell me, so that atleast it would be backed up by a catch-all backup job?
chrisdearden
Veteran
Liked: 226 times
Full Name: Chris Dearden

Re: Backup schedules for multiple servers?

Post by chrisdearden »

Why not use the quickbackup function - its designed for exactly that use case ( to create an additional restore point for a VM on an ad hoc basis )
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Backup schedules for multiple servers?

Post by foggy »

Yes, Quick Backup seems to be what you're looking for. As for restore, it does not depend on whether the job is individual or not, you will always be able to restore a single VM from the job that backs up the entire infrastructure.