Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Kas_Tigar
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

Compact backup(for refs3) if periodical synthetic is select

Post by Kas_Tigar »

Hello, I have the following question.
According to the documentation after backup is moved from old to the new (refs 3) repository in order to use fast clone compact operation should be done.
The problem is that it is not possible to select defragment & compact if synthetic full is selected as well. However, synthetic full does not help to get fast clone running.
I can for sure deselect synthetic full and select active full or compact, but if I have 100 tasks, it became not practical. Is there another way to force compact operation on all tasks or some other way to do this?

Thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Compact backup(for refs3) if periodical synthetic is sel

Post by veremin »

According to the documentation after backup is moved from old to the new (refs 3) repository in order to use fast clone compact operation should be done.
In order to our ReFS integration to take place, new active full backup is needed. This requirement can be met by running either active or compact full backup.\
I can for sure deselect synthetic full and select active full or compact, but if I have 100 tasks, it became not practical.
This can be accomplished via PowerShell. If you need assistance with it, feel free to create a separate topic in the corresponding subforum.
Kas_Tigar
Influencer

Post by Kas_Tigar »

v.Eremin wrote:In order to our ReFS integration to take place, new active full backup is needed. This requirement can be met by running either active or compact full backup.
Compact can not be selected for tasks with synthetic full setting enabled. Is there a possibility to avoid this limitation some how?
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Nope, you should temporarily disable synthetic full backup and enable compact full. Once compact full takes place, you can revert full backup schedule back.

This operation can be done automatically via PowerShell.
Kas_Tigar
Influencer

Post by Kas_Tigar »

v.Eremin wrote:Nope, you should temporarily disable synthetic full backup and enable compact full. Once compact full takes place, you can revert full backup schedule back.

This operation can be done automatically via PowerShell.
all is clear, thanks!
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

You're welcome. This is the subforum I was talking about.
Kas_Tigar
Influencer

Post by Kas_Tigar »

Thanks, already reading the threads in the subforum.
I think this one can be closed.