Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
minxminx
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: winoto janputra

license

Post by minxminx »

Hi,

Installed the beta on windows 2012R2 standard, after I installed the license, it shows workstation instead of server. How do I change it to server edition?

thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: license

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi,

Did you try to switch the operating mode like described in this topic > Veeam Agent for Windows 2.0?

Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

How do I change it to server edition?
If that’s a standalone VAW deployment go to Control Panel > About and click the corresponding link to change the edition from workstation to server.
minxminx
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: winoto janputra

Post by minxminx »

Ok, couldn't change it yesterday.
Today I installed enterprise manager and installed the trial license. Checked the agent on few servers, license changed to server.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Thanks for the heads up. If EM is installed it starts to play the license distribution role. However, when you want to change the agent’s license – go to the target VBR server > License > Agent’s tab and click Manage. Server edition is automatically assigned to agent installed on Server OS (i.e. 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016). Workstation counter is consoled automatically by agent installed on workstation OS (Win7, Win8, Win 10)