Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
vahsankhan
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Khan Ahsan Masroor

Oracle Server Backup - Application aware processing

Post by vahsankhan »

I currently working with a customer who has a linux/windows oracle server with 3 different instances and different account with sysdba privileges.
so when replicating this VM and enabling Application aware processing how can we backup the archived logs if the account is not common between the 3 oracle instances running on the server.

Need help and suggestions
Thankyou
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Oracle Server Backup - Application aware processing

Post by foggy »

You need an account with privileges on all instances to be able to collect logs from all of them.
marieelieg
Expert
Liked: 8 times

[MERGED] Multiple oracle instances backup

Post by marieelieg »

Hello everyone,

While configuring a backup job for oracle, in the guest processing page, we enable App-Aware and we press the "Applications" button to configure more settings (truncate logs, etc.). At this step, in the "Oracle" tab we specify an account with sysdba privileges for Oracle. So far so good.

My problem is, I have, on the same oracle server, 2 oracle instances each having a different sysdba account. My question is: How do I configure a backup for this oracle server? I mean how do I specify both sysdba accounts for this server? Is that even possible?

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks everybody in advance :D
foggy
Veeam Software

Re: Multiple oracle instances backup

Post by foggy »

The only option I see here is selecting 'Use guest credentials' in the list of user accounts, where the account specified at the Guest Processing step of the wizard has access to both instances.
marieelieg
Expert
Liked: 8 times

Re: Multiple oracle instances backup

Post by marieelieg »

That's the problem. There isn't 1 account that has sysdba privileges to both instances. There are 2 accounts, one is sysdba to instance1 and the other is sysdba to instance2.

I take it we should have a single account that should have sysdba privileges to all instances on a single oracle server?
foggy
Veeam Software

Re: Oracle Server Backup - Application aware processing

Post by foggy »

Correct.